Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicken Parmesan ala Hank


Well tonight went pretty well.  Everyone ate it.  Not to bad if I say so myself.

What I did was take 4 chicken titties and slice them in half to make them thinner.
Then I had a plate with flour on it, a plate with bread crumbs on it, and a bowl with 2 eggs and a little milk in it.  I sprinkled some sea salt and Emerils Essence on the chicken (both sides) and started pre heating the oven to 400 degrees (make sure your rack is near the top of the oven second slot down from the top).  Also started heating some olive oil (2-3 tbsp) in a pan and boiling water for the pasta.
Then coated the chicken 2 at a time with flour, egg wash, then bread crumbs and put the smooth side down in the olive oil.  Cooked for about 3-4 minutes until browned then flipped and browned the other side.  Then I put them in a big glass baking dish.  Once all the chicked were browned on both sides and in the baking dish.  I spooned some Prego sauce on them.  Then sprinkled some parmesan and topped it off with mozzerella cheese.  About this time the water was boiling so I started the spaghetti.  And started warming the rest of the sauce.  I generally add a couple of tbsps of sugar and some minced garlic to the sauce (we like garlic and a sweeter sauce in this house) The chicken then go into the oven for about 4 minutes until the cheese was melted.  Then set the oven to broil until the cheese was bubbling and starting to turn golden and browned a little.  Then pull the chicken out plate up the spaghetti and chicken and serve.
I have to say tonight I shoulda been on Iron Chef.  I kicked butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment